Friday, June 26, 2009

A Good Work

My sweet Hubby is hard at work on finishing out the storeroom-turned-studio, but the 100+ degree heat is slowing the work down considerably. He can only work a few hours early in the morning and maybe one in the evening before dark....miserable, wretched heat. The things he is working on now when he can work are vital, but they are not very "exciting"...things like wiring junction boxes and re-decking the floor with more plywood....all necessary....but not nearly as fun as, say, decorating ! :o)

I tend to be a bit impatient with this phase of remodeling...the boring stuff. But of course, it's all necessary for the studio to be solid, lighted, cooled, and properly functioning.

I also tend to be a bit impatient (or a lot impatient) with the work the Lord is doing in my life. It's the boring foundational stuff like patience, faithfulness, and self-control that He refuses to rush through or skim over. He simply will not do shoddy work...He wants me to be a well-rounded, properly grounded, solid person. If it were left to me, I would probably focus on making me look good, but I would likely be utterly falling apart...knocked down by the slightest puff of wind or drop of rain. But He loves me too much to let that happen on His watch...

Today I just needed a reminder that God is not finished with me yet...and that the work He is doing in me is a GOOD, solid work. Though I may not be able to see any exciting, visible progress at this point, I can be confident by faith that He is hard at work in me....and He will not quit...


Why is He so diligent and thorough with us...?? Because He has good works pre-planned for us to do in Him...


______________________________


Speaking of diligence and hard work, please allow me just a bit of bragging on my little brother Dave - after working tirelessly for 5 years as the assistant track coach at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville, TX , he was just today named the head track coach at Sam - I am so very proud of him!!
______________________________
Have a great weekend y'all - and be confident in the good work the Lord is completing in you! The payoff will be beyond our wildest dreams!!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to David!
    Can't wait to see how you are going to decorate your studio. Your home has turned out really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:41 AM

    Hey Beck, I couldn't find my previous comment so here is another....God has certainly given you a gift and much talent and you are using it. Keep on "keeping on". We are so proud of you. MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, this was a terrific analogy. This devotional hit me right square where I am living--spiritually and construction wise. I would like to read it to my Bible study ladies.

    Belated Happy Anniversary and congratulations to your brother on his promotion. I'm glad you enjoyed the class reunion too! I'm watching your studio in the making.

    Hugs,
    Lallee

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!