Friday, June 05, 2009

31 Days: Day 27 - More Than You'll Ever Know

HUGS to all of you dear friends!! I have posted this image in the past, but thought it was appropriate to repost for Day 27 of my 31 Day Challenge - you'll soon see why. HUGS (Hearts United in Grace and Spirit) was an important part of the women's ministry that I co-founded in Colorado in 2003. Without going into the whole history of how it came about or what all it entailed, suffice to say that HUGS was an integral part of our mission to encourage unity and fellowship among the women we served. HUGS is one of those things that will always have deep personal meaning to me...so when I share HUGS with you, I am celebrating the joy of kindred spirits from all walks of life and from all over the globe united here in this crazy Land of Blog under a banner of God's grace! I have been so touched and moved by the sweet spirit we share here - you are all so very special to me, and I thank you from the depth of my soul for being here!
______________________________
I love this verse from the 27th Chapter of Proverbs, and it forms the foundation for this entire post today:

"The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume..."
Proverbs 27:9 (NLT)
(This verse is definitely one I want to illustrate someday!) I have had the privilege of having many incredibly wise, witty, wonderful friends who have shared so much with me in the way of wisdom and sweet encouragement. As a small Thank You to them and to all of you who stop by and share encouragement here, I'd love to share with you a favorite song of mine by Christy Nockels of Watermark - it's called "More Than You'll Ever Know". You can click the player below and scroll down to the lyrics to read along as you listen. I hope it will bless you!









More Than You'll Ever Know
Songwriters: Christy & Nathan Nockels

Something brought you to my mind today
I thought about the funny ways you make me laugh
And yet I feel like it's okay to cry with you
Something about just being with you
When I leave I feel like I've been near God
And that's the way it ought to be...

CHORUS: 'Cause you've been more than a friend to me
You fight off my enemies
'Cause you've spoken the Truth over my life
And you'll never know what it means to me
Just to know you've been on your knees for me
Oh, you have blessed my life
More than you'll ever know, yeah, yeah, yeah
More than you'll ever know, yeah, yeah, yeah

You had faith, when I had none
You prayed God would bring me a brand new song
When I didn't think I could find the strength to sing
And all the while I'm hoping that I'll
Do the kind of praying for you that you've done for me
And that's the way it ought to be...

You have carried me
You have taken upon a burden that wasn't your own
And may the blessing return to you
A hundredfold, oh yeah...
A hundredfold, oh yeah...

______________________________
One last thing for today - here's a little bookmark for you, my friends...

Thank you once again for being there for me...

______________________________

I hope to see you tomorrow as we take one step closer to the culmination of the Challenge, the Giveaway, and the 4 year Blog Birthday - all next Tuesday, June 9th!! For tomorrow, I'll be sharing something good from Proverbs 28 - I'd love to see you here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!