Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Busy Hands


Hello July!!

And hello friends!! I just wanted to take a moment, as I generally do on the first of every month, to mark the turn of the calendar and share any news of note. There is still a lot of work going on on two different fronts in our household. 1) The studio finish-out is marching ahead at a steady pace...I'll be showing you a bit of the work sweet hubby has done to add windows in a second. And 2) My work to create my first digital scrapbooking kit is getting very close to completion and I HOPE to be able to launch it at Aimee Asher by Friday or Saturday. I'll just give you a hint for now - the kit is based in part on my July calendar design (above) - it has a County Fair theme and is going to be so colorful and fun!! I can't wait to premiere it here for you...please stay tuned!!

______________________________


Meanwhile, back at the studio, my husband has worked tirelessly to make this place as functional as possible. One of the things he noted right away was the lack of windows - we only had one window put in when we originally had the storage building built, not knowing then that it was going to eventually become my studio. So late last week, hubby started on the task of adding 4 more windows to the space for a total of 5! Here are a few photos of some of the process...


He had to first frame in the space of the new window...




...then he had to cut out the opening with a circular saw from the outside of the building...


...and that leaves the opening for the window...


...he then pre-drilled holes on the "fins" of the window in preparation for screwing it in place...


...then he set it in place and attached it with screws....

...pretty neat...
______________________________
Here is a shot of the original single window in the building....(this is on the opposite side of the building from the one in the previous photos)...

...and here is the next cutout he did...right beside the first to make a double window...


...I didn't get a photo of the new window set in place, but you get the gist. This is where my desk will sit...this is an Eastern view...I love it already!


This is gonna be great...thanks Baby for all your hard work...you da man!!!
______________________________


"Good planning and hard work lead to prosperity, but hasty shortcuts lead to poverty."
Proverbs 21:5




2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,
    It's going to be great!! The view looks peaceful.
    Happy 4th!
    Deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a very Happy 4th of July!
    Blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!