Tuesday, June 02, 2009

31 Days: Day 24 - Treasures

Howdy y'all! Welcome to Day 24 of my 31 Day Challenge - I've read a chapter of Proverbs each day and posted my favorite verse(s) from each chapter for 24 days straight so far... thank so much to those of you have stopped by during this journey!!
Proverbs 24 is a great chapter, and it has one of my all time favorite passages in it:
"By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures."
Proverbs 24:3-4
______________________________

I have illustrated that verse several times for several different projects - everything from gifts for my real estate clients (I was a Realtor for 3 years back in the day), to a painting for a church auction. I had a blast painting the auction painting, and although I have shared it on my blog before, it's been a while...plus, I've never shared the source photo I took to set up the still life...see below...
...and here (below) is the painting itself. I did this with watercolor and colored pencil. You can see that I took some artistic license and changed things up a bit, but it is fairly true to the photo....


Hopefully you can see the featured Scripture (Proverbs 24:3-4) written on the notebook image in the painting...
I have plans to illustrate this verse once again but in my current digital style - not cutesy though - more realistic - something that would look good framed in a cottage-style home. I'll definitely share it here whenever I get it done...
______________________________
I hope to have my Illustration Friday post done by tomorrow - the topic this week was "Adapt". It was a good challenge...I've had a LOT of fun drawing this one! See you guys tomorrow!! God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Becky~

    I'm so proud of you for posting everyday like this!

    And I love your painting :)

    Connie

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!