Monday, December 03, 2007

Allow Me to Introduce...

my awesome, lovely, smart, sweet BFF Connie. Connie and I go WAY back - to the late 70's to be kinda exact... We went to High School together and were the very best of friends. I was a bridesmaid at her wedding to Buddy back in 1980 - here's a photo of them from 1981:

I tell you, the woman hasn't aged a minute!! Well, to make a long story somewhat shorter, Connie and I remained friends in the early 80's, but my family's move to another town, then my marriage took me farther and farther away - and eventually out of state. During those earlier years we stayed connected by phone (we have the type of friendship that can pick up where it left off even if it's been a long time) - but once I moved to Colorado in 1998 we both lost track of one another all together....

But then, my 22 year marriage ended and I found myself back in Texas. Meanwhile my dear old friend Connie was trying to find me - and through the magic of Google found me indeed - read my blog cover to cover to catch up on my life and times, and true to form, when she emailed me to say "Is it really you?", we picked right up where we left off, like life-long friends do, and we are BFFs once more!

Well, my point in all this is to introduce you to Connie who has now entered the exciting world of blogging, and to encourage you to pay her a visit at http://conniebrz.com/. And let me tell you, she has some stuff to blog about! She and Buddy ( still together, but with the addition of 4 kids, 3 dogs, 4 cats, and 3 cows) have established a real estate investment/renovation enterprise for real people. They buy investment houses, perform the renovation, and then rent them out - and they are quite good at it: Case in point, their current transformation project, "The Magnolia"

You can also read an ongoing series of renovation articles written by Connie about this particular project at: http://www.atticmag.com/interiordesign/renonation.html

On Connie's new blog, she shares practical, fun insights into the joys, frustrations, and foibles of remodeling, house hunting, and life in general - and she does so with such wit and warmth - she is so darn funny - what a gifted writer!! You'll find LOTs of tips for your own renovation/remodeling projects or home buying adventures...all set to the sweet rhythm of family life and lasting love...
I hope you'll stop by and say "hey". Then you'll be blessed to know the wonderful gal I'm SO privileged to call friend...




5 comments:

  1. What a nice story. I live in a small town in North Idaho and went to school in California. After livng here 7 years, a dear friend from HS contacted me via my hairdresser. She had lived here for many years and we had never run into each other! After 20 years, we picked up where we left off, too! Gosh, your friend is a lovely lady! Love, Esther

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:08 PM

    God bless Google :)

    Becky, you are too sweet~! Many thanks for this lovely tribute to our history and friendship... God has been good to us, hasn't He?

    BTW, DD2 informs me that we only have 3 cats at the moment... it appears that one's been showing up on the porch *twice* each day in a sinister ploy for double scraps. I had no clue :)

    Coffee! Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for You !! There is nothing like a best friend !! I lost mine a few years ago, but luckily, I have been sent another . :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky! Thanks for stopping by and for the sweet comments! I'll have to go and check out Connie's blog! :-)

    Blessings!
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found Connie online and what a blessing she is. I love her real estate knowledge.
    How blessed you both are : )

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!