Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cherry Pickin'!

Don't hate me...Garage Sale this morning - CUTE Kate Spade Cherry Purse - 50 cents!
(you can click the Kate Spade link above to see how expensive her handbags are!)
I haven't been pickin' in earnest for quite a while now. After our last flea market show at Winnie in November and the wedding I styled in December, there's been precious little reason (or opportunity because of the cold weather) to go to garage sales. But reason goes right out the window when dayglo orange and green signs pop up on street corners everywhere like so many dandelions in Spring, beckoning you with words like "GIGANTIC Moving Sale!", "HUGE Multi-Family Yard Sale", or the heart-stopping "Estate Sale"!. What's a junk-loving girl to do?

Actually today was a lousy pickin' day overall, but this one little .50 gem saved the day from being a total loss. And isn't that why we keep our eyes peeled for those crazy signs in the first place, and go to garage sales when we have no business going?...because of the HOPE that there may be a hidden treasure in a fifty cent junk box...?

Well, the cherry purse got me to thinking about other fun cherry stuff, so I thought I'd top off the post with a few cherry images to sweeten your day...


Birdie illustration based on Kathy's sweet stuffed birdie-in-a-teacup...






Thanks for stopping by friends - BIG Texas HUGS to all of you, and...
Happy Weekend...with a cherry on top!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE that bag! Lucky duck! I also love the cheery cherry bird you made based on my sewing:>)Too darn cute. Sales are a couple months away for me still, I can't wait. They mean that spring is really here, (and it's so fun to pick!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't hate you, but I wish I had beat you to that sale, that little sweetie would have been mine LOL!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you with the Kate Spade purse they are all cute finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:55 AM

    I'm trying to purge so I really try not stop...with the emphasis on try. What a cute little purse, I'm sure it made the trip worth while. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That purse is too cotton/cherry pickin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMIGOSH! What a bargain! And it's adorable and so clean, like new! I wonder if the person selling even knew what they had? LOVE that purse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness gracious! You hit the mother lode! Congratulations!! (Of course, if you want to double your investment, I'll send you a dollar for it, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:40 AM

    Becky, I love what you did with the inspiration from the handbag!!
    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:15 PM

    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but kate spade never made a cherry purse. It's a total counterfeit. Verify at http://ihatecounterfeitbags.info/newhallofshame or http://handbagobsessions.info/fakes or http://www.ehow.com/way_5301205_look-fake-kate-spade-purse.html. Sorry!
    Dawn... dawnsfinallywed@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!