Friday, March 25, 2011

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Hey Y'all! I'm heading out for a very special birthday celebration. It's the big 5-0 for me on Sunday (wow), and my sweet hubby is taking me to a wonderful Bed and Breakfast cottage for 2 nights...yay!

But, guess where the Bed and Breakfast is...right near Round Top, Texas, home of the famous Round Top Antique Show which kicks off this weekend!...and we're going to do one of my most favorite things in all the world...look at miles and miles of vintage junk and antiques!! Plus, see some great blogging buddies, which is really what I'm looking forward to the most...
...and as a bonus, it's the height of bluebonnet season here, so there's sure to be lots of this yummy loveliness all over the place. Oh how I love Texas in the Spring!

Yep, should be a fabulous birthday weekend!!  You know I'll have my camera around my neck the whole time, taking photos of the things we love to see...I'm definitely taking you, my sweet friends, along with me in my heart...

I'll be back at the blog Monday with a full report! Have a wonderful weekend y'all!
(I know I will!!! LOL)


10 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:02 AM

    A happy birthday and celebration to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!! Have a wonderful time and a very Happy Birthday to you!!!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY
    HAPPY
    HAPPY
    50 th
    BIRTHDAY!
    I wish I would have known...I would have sent along a birthday day in the package that I mailed yesterday!
    Have a Wonderful 50th Birthday!! Sounds like a perfect one to me! Take lots of photos!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you take a big truck. You may need it. Enjoy and Happy Birthday!Your hubby is not only handsome, he is such a sweetheart for thinking of such a nice gift. Lucky You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday girlfriend! Enjoy your special time away, it sounds like one of my favorite kinds of getaways!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday dear friend!! I hit the big one last year...and it's not so bad after all!! AND you are going to my FAVORITE place EVER!!! Ilove the old grocery store place (if it's still there) in the old "square" where they sell slices of homemade pie! It's been YEARS AND YEARS since I was there, so it might be gone....i LOVE that antique fest, too! Wish I was going!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also want to wish you a very Happy Birthday. 50 is a good year ~ I've been there and done that! The Antique Show sounds like a fun way to celebrate. Wishing you MANY more years of loving, laughing, praising God, and creating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 50th to you. I am just around the corner too (Oct.) Hope you and hubby have a wonderful time shopping at the antiques show. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:12 AM

    Becky, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Oh, you lucky girl! What a weekend plan you have!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!
    Hugs,
    Diane
    PS: You don't look 50!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Becky, happy, happy 50th to yoooouuuuuuu!!!! The fifties are a GREAT decade. Take my word for it ;-) Have a wonderful time celebrating doing what you love with the one you love. Can't wait to see the bluebonnets through your eyes!
    God's very best blessings to you!
    Love,
    Lallee
    PS The first picture with the bee is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!