Sunday, July 17, 2005

Studio Friday: Favorite Book

The theme for this week's Studio Friday is "Favorite Book". That's a tough one - but if I go by how often I've read a book, the hands-down winner would have to be "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" by C.S.Lewis. It is third in a series of 7 children's books that Lewis wrote called the "Chronicles of Narnia". Truly fabulous, beautiful reading. I've read them over and over again year after year since I was first introduced to them by my 6th grade Sunday shool teacher. I am so excited that the first book in the series, "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" is being made into a major live action film coming out on December 9th of this year. You can see the internet trailer here. Also be sure and check out the official Disney Narnia website - absolutely beautiful - great Flash animation!! I pray that they are able to make all 7 books into films...I will look forward to the "Dawn Treader" the most - you'll just have to read it for yourself to understand why. And why the stuffed lion in the photo you ask...why, Aslan of course!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:27 AM

    I have been counting down to Narnia all year. I LOVE the books. Have been reading LWW to my 3-year-old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:08 AM

    I am so excited about the movies coming out! Good choice for your "Studio Friday" submission btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:30 AM

    Hi Becky!

    Wow, your favorite looks quite loved. Hmmm, I wonder : is it the snuggly cute lion or the books??! ;-) Love it!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like reading them again! Thanks for sharing and I also love the cute lion....
    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bee ' Me, thanks for your feedback on my "Karma" picture of Jadis, Digory and Polly. I'm sort of looking forward to the films - the preliminary shots look promising - but good books into films make me nervous...

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!