Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Longing

I glanced up from my desk at home and noticed that my bunny-planter with ivy that I put in the window to get some sun, had curiously begun to look quite like someone longing...longing to go out, longing to escape, longing to get out from behind the glass, longing to stretch her legs and try her wings in the big bright world. I tried to tell her that it was 102 degrees outside and that she was better off inside with the air conditioning, but she would have none of it. She is still standing there, full of dreams beyond her circumstances...dreams of freedom. I wish her the best.

6 comments:

  1. awwww, look at her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:37 AM

    I have that same "longing" far too often. Cool pic...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:07 AM

    Those Bunnies....all they want to do is go out and play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:26 PM

    Very true. She does seem to be longing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:50 PM

    *sniffle* This made me all misty-eyed. I've been feeling very bunnyish lately. sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Longing" would make a great Illustration Friday topic - if it hasn't already been done, maybe you should suggest it. The grass always *looks* greener out the window :).

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!