Wow - 1981 - I was a mere 20 years old... I had just moved with my entire family from the SE part of Houston (Pasadena) to the outer reaches of the north part of Houston, a sleepy little town called Conroe, Texas. The reason my entire family relocated there was because we all worked for the same Christian gift manufacturing company, Christian Enterprises, who had pulled up stakes and moved there. The founders of the company were dear friends of my parents...and they were from Conroe, so that's why the move...
And finally, here's a little touch of pop culture from that year...
Top 5 songs of 1981:
1. Bette Davis Eyes, Kim Carnes
2. Endless Love, Diana Ross and Lionel Richie
3. Lady, Kenny Rogers
4. (Just Like) Starting Over, John Lennon
5. Jessie's Girl, Rick Springfield
And who could forget...
The # 1 Top Grossing Motion Picture of 1981Yep, "Raiders of the Lost Ark" - LOVED it!!
Yep, Harrison Ford was pretty darn cute
(but not nearly as cute as you, sweet hubby!!!!)
- How many times did you see Raiders?
- Did you listen to, dance to, or perform karaoke to any of the top 5 tunes of 1981?
- Where were you working in '81 - or what grade were you in?