Monday, March 10, 2008

Illustration Friday: Garden

(click image to enlarge)

Finding Faith in a Garden Shed

When I saw this week's Illustration Friday topic, "Garden" I knew I had to participate, even if I needed to submit an existing piece of artwork - and that's exactly what I've done. This, appropriately enough, is the March design from my 2008 Calendar. Even though I'm not a gardener in the least, I still have a love of all things garden and I have immense respect for those hardy souls, full of faith, who bury tiny seeds into the ground, water and feed them, and then, with time and patience miraculously see the fruit of their labor - as the Scripture says, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1).

______________________________

"The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." (Isaiah58:11)






7 comments:

  1. Hi Becky. I'm so honored that you want to add my blog... thank you for such kind words! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. Please stay in touch. Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:09 PM

    Hi Becky--
    What a touching illustration and post! What a lovely and inspirational calendar you have created, as evidenced by the March design you shared with us.

    And you are always, always generous and kind with your comments whenever you visit my blog. Thank you so very much! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, except I wanted to see it bigger to enjoy it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all - you're the best!!

    Scott - I've had trouble with this in the past - sometimes it opens to a larger version and sometimes it doesn't -user error I'm sure - but I did get it to work, so everyone can see the detail now - thanks for the suggestion!

    Hugs,
    Becky S.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Becky! How are you? Great verse and artwork!

    Happy day!

    xoxo
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gee. That's funny. This is the exact picture on my calender right now! (yours of course!) Love, Esther

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!