Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Completely Random Post #2 - Marvelous Makeovers

OK, so I'm kinda on a roll here - 2 posts in 2 days! So far, so good...This was a week of makeovers of sorts around here, so that seemed like an appropriate random topic for today...

First off, the transformation of a $4 thrifted cross-stitch picture:

It started out as a descent enough piece - just kinda dull and a bit boring...

Deconstruction...


Transformation in progress...it's already looking much better...

Detail of the finished piece

The finished piece including the frame - which also got a bit of foufing- I don't think it's too boring anymore...

I had a lot of fun with this little makeover - I have scads of embroidered pieces that I have been collecting for years - now I have a pretty good idea of how they can be "re-loved". It's important to me to honor and preserve the hard work that someone did by hand when they lovingly and meticulously crafted these little masterpieces. I hope the new creations will go on to be re-loved by a whole new generation...
______________________________


Maddie, our 4 month old Peke-a-poo puppy, finally got her last series of shots so she was ready for her first big-girl haircut...

From shabby... (Maddie Before)

...to Chic (Maddie after)


Maddie pouted all day after getting her big-girl haircut...

Well, Maddie (and I) survived her first grooming appointment! Actually the sweet groomer said she did quite well!! This was a really neat grooming set-up by the way - We used a mobile groomer and it was 100% stress free. She came right to the door, I handed Maddie to her, we chatted a bit about what to expect, etc, then she headed to her fully self-contained doggy-spa-on-wheels and within an hour she brought Maddie back all fouffy and clean. Very cool - very slick operation!

I only left the bow and bandanna on long enough for her daddy to see when he got home from work. Maddie hated them and I think, overall, she looks better sans-fouf. But it was fun to be dolled up even if it was just for the afternoon. But she is still clean and fluffy and best of all we can see her sweet face SO MUCH better without all that scraggly hair hanging down. Funny thing though - you may not be able to tell, but in that last photo, miss priss was sulking - wouldn't even get out of her kennel - she just sat there for the longest time pouting and ignoring me. I guess she was miffed and a bit overwhelmed by the whole thing. Priceless...

______________________________


Thanks as always for stopping by - be sure and check back tomorrow for the next installment of "Way Back When-sday" where we head back 13 years to 1995!! And there's much more to come this week as we head toward Easter Sunday, including photos from my trip to Israel a few years back - don't miss it!! Hope to see you soon!






2 comments:

  1. Hey Becky!
    Thanks for your lovely words of encouragement about my blog! Are you kidding I would love to exchange links to blogs that would be great. I love your calender I am going to check it out after homeschool thanks for the friendship and exchange. Blessings, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a great makeover! You did such a great job, it looks soooo much better! I would have never thought to do that! You are very creative! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    :0) Sharon

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!