Friday, November 19, 2010

Wedding Flowers Sneak Peek

I have the honor of being the "stylist" at my dear friend's daughter's wedding in mid-December. Both the wedding ceremony and the reception will be at my friend's beautiful home (on her huge front porch and expansive front yard, side yard, and driveway). Here in Texas, we can do that kind of thing without much fear of a freeze out :o)  We are doing almost everything ourselves, and on a budget, so over the next few weeks, I will be sharing our ideas and projects for this fun, festive celebration. First up, the flowers...

I just completed a few of the floral arrangements, and I am happy with the way they are turning out so far. We will be using a combination of silk flowers for the larger "structural" pieces that will be on the porch and real flowers for the bride's bouquet and centerpieces for the tables..and we'll be using fruit as well (more on that in future posts). My friend and I selected all the silk flowers at Hobby Lobby while they were half-price. The wedding palette is purple and green, so we selected an array of rich toned flowers and berries (and even peacock feathers) that are in keeping with the season and the feel we are trying to convey...

These two arrangements will flank the front steps of the porch where the couple will say their vows...

We selected a bit softer purple with winter white for the arrangements that will be on the bride's cake "table" (wait till you see what we are will be using instead of a table to hold the cake..so cool)

Sweet little romantic touch on the larger arrangement...

Well, that's it for now. There's MUCH more to come! I still have to make a large swag for over the porch and a variety of other pieces to decorate the porch swing, other food tables, etc. Almost all of the decorations for the tables are thrifted finds, and I hope you will be able to apply some of the decorating ideas to your own celebrations and events...and even for your own home. Plus we are doing some fun, memory-making activities for the bride and groom as well as for the guests that I can't wait to share!  Please stay tuned...

Meanwhile, I received a lovely blog award from a sweet fellow illustrator/blogger, and I will post that next - Thanks Jenni!!

Have a wonderful weekend friends!!

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these."
Matthew 6:28-29

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like tons of fun! I bet your friend is so excited! I just can't see why people spend as much money on a wedding as purchasing a house. I always stick a few silk flowers in with my real flowers and people think I have this green thumb. It is kind of like a guy wearing a toupee! I can't wait for more pictures!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done such a fantastic job on these floral arrangments! Your friend's daughter is going to be so thrilled! Awesome job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What pretty arrangements. I can't wait to see what else you do for the wedding, Becky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. simply beautiful! congrats to the happy couple :) have a sweet thanksgiving.
    blessings,
    aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becky these are just wonderful! There seems to be no limit to your talents. The colors are beautiful and I just know it will all be so special and beautiful for your friend! I'm just stopping by to wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving:>)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your art... your friend definitely impress with you. Wedding flowers always works to decorate the wedding bouquets, really you have add the sweet little romantic touch to your art.

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!