Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Flea Market Project Previews - Part 2

As a follow-on to yesterday's post, here are a few more photos of finished and in-progress projects for the upcoming Flea Market (Larry's Old Fashioned Trade Days) in Winnie, TX. Above and below, I used antique sewing machine drawers as a container/backdrop for these small Fall arrangements...

I already shared a peek at the little lampshades we decorated, but here are all of them we have so far...

I had fun cutting up this $1 garage sale sweater...

...to cover these little lampshades...

I have several more projects planned for the sweater...I'll post those as I get them going.

Here's a large lampshade I had...I had just enough of this fancy beaded fringe trim in my trim stash to add to the base of the lampshade...


Way back in the day, when I was in junior high, my parents owned a decorative plaster wholesale business. We made cute little plaster pieces from molds and sold them to various shops....well, these veggie wall hangings were just like ones that we made way back then, so I grabbed them at a garage sale a while back, mostly for nostalgia's sake and repainted them....

...but then I decided to go a step further and "upcycle" them into something for the sale, so I coupled them with these little wooden plaques that I had from another garage sale, repainted the plaques black, distressed them, and added a drawer pull onto the larger plaque as a hanging knob. Here is the outcome...

I'm not sure if anyone else will like them or appreciate the kitsch of them, but I thought they turned out pretty cute, and I'll use them in my kitchen if they don't sell...

In Progress:


I usually pick up these English brass wall hangings when I see them, if they're cheap enough, because I've had success painting/antiquing  then reselling them in the past. These are all in progress...

I'm turning this old washboard into a little memo center...

I've already painted the top part with chalkboard paint. Next I'll paint the frame and metal washboard part then antique it. Finally I'm going to make a set of coordinating clothespin magnets to put on the metal part. I think it would be cute in a laundry room or kitchen...
______________________________

That's it for now...thanks for stopping by to see what we've been up to! We still have lots to do, but we are putting a dent in it to be sure. I've been sick with a cold all week and all I've really accomplished so far is taking these photos and a few other things here and there, but I'm finally feeling better and I'm ready to hit it hard again starting tomorrow. I'll take photos of our progress as we go along, and I am planning to document our booth layout planning and other merchandising details to share with others who may be contemplating participating in a flea market or craft sale...

Hope the rest of your week is beautiful and creative and blessed!

I haven't posted any illustration for a while now, so I'll leave you with this thought...



4 comments:

  1. It's a far piece to Winnie,Texas, but I will use some of your great ideas. I have a similar brass type wall hanging plate. I may try my hand at painting it.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you sure have been blessed with the gift to create.
    blessings,
    aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thnk the arrangements are so pretty, and I love the idea of using a sweater on a lampshade, think of the variations you could do! Good luck with your show:>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have never thought of painting those brass wallhangings, but they sure do look good white!

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!