Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Flea Market Project Previews - Part 1

I'm happy to say that Fall weather has finally arrived here in Houston! With the cooler air came a glorious clear blue sky and great light, so I lugged several of my finished projects for our upcoming Flea Market out into the sunlight to take some photos. Here are a few of the highlights...

This candelabra started as a wood and brass diamond in the rough. (sorry I don't have a 'before' photo) I started the transformation with a couple of coats of Heirloom White...

...then I glued on these four matching glass punch cups to the candle holders on the four arms and a small coordinating glass globe to the center candle holder...

These cups will hold tea lights...

The hanging crystals finish it off...

I have a number of shabby pink, green and cream accessories left from our shop that we will be selling at the Flea Market, so I made a few more shabby-rose-pastel items to round out the 'collection'. I continued to peruse my stash and found this metal pitcher which I spray painted green then antiqued with brown glaze...afterwards I added a bit of lace and an earring along with pink and cream silk flowers...


I glued these cupcake platters together using matching rose plates and painted rose ceramic candle holders topped with glass cheese server covers...


Here is another container that I painted green...

...then antiqued it, added decorative trim and fall silk flowers and berries...


I had fun making the following wall hangings...my Dad cut bead board to fit into frames we had, he secured them with staples, then I painted them Heirloom White and antiqued them with the same brown glaze I used on the pieces above, then shabbied them by sanding. I then painted these little half terra cotta pots I had, antiqued and sanded them and glued them to the boards. I added the green trim, a bit of floral foam in the half pot, moss and a silk green hydrangea bloom. Finally I glued on the shabby drawer handle to make a little hanger on the board...


Well, after looking at the remaining photos I have to share, I decided to save them for a Part 2 post tomorrow...I took quite a few...

Preparing for the Flea Market has been such fun - I am really enjoying adding many more handmade/upcycled projects than we had at our prior antique space...now I'm just hoping folks will want to take some home with them...we shall see...

 I hope to see you tomorrow for Part 2!

6 comments:

  1. Everything is so beautiful. I especially love the candelabra with the punch cups. What a charming idea! Good luck at the Flea Market. Hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becky! I love the cupcake stands and the candle holder thingy, so beautiful! I predict a really good show for you:>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing your works. Have you thought about making a book just picturing your pieces in various arrangements just to give others ideas? You could sell the items in your set up, and copies of the book,too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Becky,
    I love the wall/picture one with the old boards and knob!!! That is so cool!
    I hope you do AWESOME at the flea market. You have lots of great goodies for folks to buy!
    Warmly,
    deb :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been very busy! You have some wonderful items made up that should sell quickly. Lots of temptations!

    Thank you for the thumbs up on the bedroom redo! I always appreciate your kindness, Becky!
    Hugs,
    Lallee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love them all, especially the teacup chandelier! Great job, great imagination!

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!