Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Living Water: Siesta Fiesta Cookbook Update

Hello Friends!
It's been over a year since I participated in the Siesta Fiesta Cookbook Cover Contest, and I thought I would share a little update on what has happened with the cookbook sales since then. What you may not know or recall is that all the proceeds from the sale of the cookbooks (above the printing cost) went to building of water wells through the Water for Life Outreach. I was blessed to meet sweet Holly at Crown Laid Down through the contest - she was the visionary who put the cookbook together...she did an awesome job; it is a beautiful, creative cookbook brimming with 328 pages of awesome recipes from women all over the country. According to Holly's SF Cookbook page, she has sold 650 books so far and sent a total of $2,709.64 to build clean water wells!! Yeah God!!
I wanted you to know that you can still order these cookbooks for just $18 plus shipping - just click here or on the SF Cookbook image on the top of my sidebar for more information. They would make an awesome Christmas gift!! Best of all, you will be supporting the building of clean water wells where they are so desperately needed!!
I got the idea to do this post a couple of weeks ago whe I received the following Daily Prayer for You in my inbox. I trust it will challenge and bless you...

______________________________

"If anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward." Matthew 10:42 (NIV)

"A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25 (NIV)


Thank you Lord, for everything you have entrusted to our care on this earth. Help us to give generously to those in need, and to be sensitive today to those who need a gesture of love and care. Especially to those who are tired and thirsty and in need of a drink of your living water! May the weary be refreshed and the faint satisfied as we extend our hearts in love to others, giving to those in need as you direct (Jeremiah 31: 25). I pray Lord, you would refresh those who refresh others today. Prosper them God, and meet all their needs according to your glorious riches in Christ Jesus! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.




4 comments:

  1. (Tears!) Thanks, Becky. so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi becky,
    That's great about the cookbooks! God is faithful!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  3. cascade these are impressive, I would like to visit someday, someone might describe me as I get to this place so beautiful ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the cover is pretty amazing, It looks like a place and a face.

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!