Monday, April 30, 2012

Our Make-Ready is Almost-Ready!

My Woodland Cottage Studio - ready to move in!

Oh my goodness, what a job it has been to rehab this sweet Woodland Cottage of ours! We are VERY close to being finished to the point that we can begin to move in furniture (yay!)...but what a journey it has been!

 After looking over all the rooms we determined that every single one needed repainting - and let me tell you friends, I have the piles of Behr paint swatches from Home Depot to prove it!! Because we didn't paint one nice neutral color all over the house, oh no, we painted a different color in most every room. And they are all quite yummy I must say...  As soon as I have some more decent photos of the rooms decked out in their new paint colors, I promise I will share them with you as well as the paint name and number...

And here's just a taste of the yuck we had to deal with in all of our 3 carpeted bedrooms...



Yep, that's dog poop and pee stains you're seeing everywhere...so gross...

What you can't see...are the fleas...the thousands and thousands of fleas...oh my...

But hooray and hallelujah, all the poop, pee, and pests are gone and all but one of the bedrooms have fresh beautiful laminate floors! Such a change!! The guest bedroom will have it's floor by the end of the week, and the move in will commence!!

I promise to give you a room by room tour very soon, but at the moment Mom and Dad and I have to clean out all the make ready mess in the guest room so my sweet and hard-working hubby can begin the flooring tonight...(thank You Lord for my wonderful family and all their help!)  We are oh so close...can't stop the momentum now....

More to come soon...I hope you'll stay tuned!


6 comments:

  1. CAN'T WAIT
    CAN'T WAIT!!!
    Bummer about the poop, pee and fleas..YUCK!! Bad renters!!!
    CAN"T WAIT for the reveal!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cannot fathom how people live like that! What a job, but kudos to you and the family for making everything spic and span and being ready to move back in! I just can not wait to see what you do. Pinterest inspiration here we come:>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky- Oh-You are getting to the really exciting stage now! I am anxious to see the colors you have chosen. I think you said you were going to have COLOR this time around? Sounds like you are making good progress. You are right- having a helpful family is a wonderful thing- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky~
    Looking forward to the tour when you are done. I love that you painted each room a different color!
    We bought a property 5 years ago that had to have the works done to it too. Its a lot of work but so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:18 PM

    I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see your home. Dog poop, pee and fleas aren't good to live with! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your making such great progress! I couldn't imagine how someone could do that to a home, especially one they are renting. The horror! I can't wait to see the finished product, I just know it's gonna be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!