Thursday, June 23, 2011

Don't Worry...Pray!

(click image to enlarge)

Many thanks friends for your prayers as the Dyer Mill wildfire burned a few miles north of our home near Plantersville, TX. I am happy to report that we had a glorious, slow moving, soaking rain yesterday (first one in months) which helped the fire situation immensely. Though the fire is 75% contained now, there are still trouble spots, but we are in much better shape overall and breathing a sigh of relief!

So, I thought it would be good to create a little word art poster with one of my favorite verses, 
Philippians 4: 6-7 from the Message translation to emphasize the importance of praying instead of worrying. I hope you can apply the truth of this encouraging passage to whatever worrisome situation you may be facing today...

Hugs all around, and thanks again!

8 comments:

  1. They say prayer changes things.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very thankful that your situation has changed. We are so dry here also and all fireworks have been banned in our county. We also have had fires around us altho not nearly as large. Your word art poster is beautiful and SO TRUE. But do you know how hard it is to pray without worrying too??!! I'm still learning. Hugs to you and may your days be filled with small delights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God for sending the rain! Praying he sends more soon:>)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your word art poster, what an encouragement and am so glad to hear you got some rain!WHEW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:45 AM

    Becky, you can come over for tea anytime!!
    Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky, I didn't realize you were threatened by fire. I'm glad you and your home are safe, and I pray you stay so.

    This scripture brought tears to my eyes this morning. It is exactly what I needed. God told me, as soon as my feet hit the floor this morning and my mind started churning, that I tried to control everything and I needed to STOP. He's right. Only He can get things right. Thank you for the word of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to thank you for the beautiful words in your picture, was hunting for something to remind my daughter to trust God and not worry and pinterest sent me to you
    Thank you for the encouragement you will be to my eleven year old. Bless you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thank you Grace - I'm so happy to hear that it is an encouragement..I hope the Word goes deep into your daughter's heart and brings her peace and joy! (and you too!!) Thank you so much for taking the time to write...it was a real encouragement for me today... Bless you guys,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!