Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Just Bee 'n Me Boutique

(June image from my 2008 Calendar - it's really quite appropriate for my life right now)

"The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me." (Psalm 138:8)

Happy June to you all!!

Sorry for the long space between posts, but I've been a tad bit busy. Between preparing for the opening of the Just Bee 'n Me Boutique, an unbelievably busy 3 weeks at my day job, and back-to-back weekends of family and friend milestone celebrations, blogging has had to take a back seat - I have missed you all so much!!

I wanted to share a little peek at my brand new Just Bee 'n Me Boutique space inside a sweet antique and gift shop called "Whispering Willow". It is very much so a work in progress with plenty of blank spaces, but I got a lot of the basics moved in and displayed over the weekend. Enjoy your little tour, complete with some befores and afters...

______________________________

My welcome sign :o)

The space before - with just my china hutch in place (cool Craigslist find)...


After...

Before...

After (this is the section that needs SO much more merchandise...)

Do these corner pieces look familiar...?


This is what they looked like before (each corner unit cost only $10.00!)


More detail on the china hutch - we displayed vintage embroidered linens on the open hutch doors...



Throughout the hutch I'm featuring what I call "re-purposed treasures" - these are serving pieces made of odd inexpensive pieces of glassware, china, and metal that I have put together in new, fresh, useful (and hopefully beautiful) ways. This wire basket pedestal bowl was a 25 cent wire basket and a 50 cent wooden candle holder - I spray-painted them, glued them together then handpainted a little pink rose...


Only thing I did to this old china piece was weave the cutout pattern with a pretty ribbon...


I got all 4 china pieces for $1...and glued them together with glass candle holders to form a 3-tier serving piece...


An orphaned vintage butter dish with no lid coupled with yet another glass candle holder and a jaunty ribbon became an elegant pedestal soapdish - I simply wrapped a discount store fragrant soap with a lace medallion and topped it with a ribbon rose for a sweet guest soap...


With some linens my Mom and I already had and more garage sale goodies, we decked out a fresh cottage table with a floral stoneware set, vintage napkins, old enamel pitcher with a silk arrangement, and a re-purposed serving piece in matching stoneware...


My $5 rug find anchors the space with roses in blues, pinks and cream...

That's it for today's tour - hope you enjoyed it half as much as I enjoyed putting it all together. And a BIG hug to my Mom for all her help setting up and pricing...as well as to my sweet hubby for fixing, painting, and hauling all the big stuff and for being with me every step of the way from purchase to completion...he's a keeper!!!
I will be sharing LOTS of photos in the days and weeks to come as we embark on this new adventure and continue to fill the space with an ever-evolving collection of treasures - so please come back by soon! Also, the BIG BIRTHDAY BASH is right around the corner - a peek at the giveaway prize package is just a few days away...don't miss out!!
______________________________




"By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures." (Proverbs 24:3-4)






7 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:38 PM

    Congrats girl~! Looking *so* good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all looks great! I'm swamped too, but thought I would let you know I'm still visiting:>) Have a great week!

    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your space looks beautiful--makes me want to come in and browse and buy!!
    I was in a shop for awhile...I had Prov.24:3-4 made into a stamp and stamped the back of all my price tags with that verse. I love it!
    Congrats!
    Blessings!
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shop looks so adorable! You have done a great job! I love how you painted the hutches! The corner hutch looks so much better. I hope you do really well!I know I would shop there!

    :0) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Becky, it all looks so pretty !! You will do wonderfully I am sure !! I have several candlestick plates around my house, just love the versatility of them. :) Hope you take time to rest !! :) The calender page is awesome too !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha Becky, Thank you for your kind words and for your visit. I love looking at your site, it's like looking at one of those country magazines which I simply love to look through and dream lol. Okay I'm going to continue looking and also have bookmarked your site, I have friends who would love to come and visit as well, especially at your shop,I love your shop and your items..I love magnets!! Well I'm off to continue looking around.
    Blessings Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is all so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!