Monday, June 16, 2008

The Best Laid Plans....

"My times are in your hands..." Psalm 31:15

"We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps." Proverbs 16:9
______________________________

Well, *ahem*, the Birthday Bash didn't quite come off as planned! :o) I really was miserable (at first) not being able to follow through with the plans, but I got over it about a couple of days past when I realized that there are indeed some things more important than blog birthdays...shocking I know, but true none the less...(Sorry Just Bee 'n Me, I know I probably hurt your feelings :o)

Everything is great - there are no big problems or roadblocks or illnesses - just not enough time in the day these days...at least not enough for me to blog and still keep sane and love on my hubby and tend to the boutique and spend time with the family, and oh yeah, spend time with my Inspiration for all of this to begin with, my loving and ever-patient God!! Ouch!!

I truly admire (and am probably a bit jealous of) those of you who are able to blog daily or almost daily, do it really well, and you work full time too and illustrate/craft on the side too, but you also raise kids and garden and cook and sew and on and on too...and I'm amazed. I love reading about your lives and sharing your victories and sorrows and looking at all the beauty in your posts of every variety. It is one of the most wonderful things I know of that so diverse a group of people from all around the globe are able to sit down and share their lives and connect in such a way...and I am so very blessed to be a small part of it all....and to have met the most fabulous people that I truly cherish.

So, I didn't say all that as a prelude to quitting the blog or anything like that - just wanted you to know what's on my heart and what I've been pondering...thanks for listening...

BTW, YES, I will still be having a giveaway, you bet'cha! I have most of it together and am very excited about sharing it with you just as soon as I can. I want to make it special and do it right, so it will be next week before I can have it all together and photographed. Sweet hubby and I are rolling out of here Wednesday evening and heading off to Louisiana to visit the kids and grandkids for a long weekend, so I'll be out of pocket for the latter part of the week. I will be taking lots of pictures to be sure...and though it may be a month later, I will share them with you :o)

______________________________

Speaking of photos - I have a few more from the Just Bee 'n Me Boutique - specifically of the wall that was pretty much blank when I first opened the space...here's how it's shaping up now....


amazing the difference a coat of paint can make on an old frame...


here's a before photo of the painting and frame...


a chipped bowl, mis-matched teacup, earring bling, ribbon, a silk rose, and some E-6000 glue combine into this sweet little wall hanging...


I re-painted this wooden tray black and painted some pansies and assorted flowers...



I've run across a slew of these little wall pockets (gold, plastic) that I've painted off-white - shown here holding a collection of vintage embroidered napkins...


this little sweetie is sold already...it was a tarnished silver-ish metal holder with an oval glass divided tray - I painted the metal pink and added the organza bow and ribbon rose...

I love this plaster wall plaque - I wish you could see the detail of the relief in person. I spray-painted it off white and used rub-and-buff antique gold to highlight the detail...


I'm taking more photos today of the other wall which has changed and has lots of new goodies...I'll share those soon.

Thanks for indulging me as I rambled earlier...and thanks also for your patience as I work through this busy, sweet season of my life...you are all so special to me and are so kind and understanding...I am so blessed!






3 comments:

  1. Hi Becky, The boutique looks great! Wish I could come and shop:>) I have had the same thoughts you do, how do people keep up with all the blogging? And when you are done there are people to visit and a myriad of other things to do. I just do the best I can. I didnt start this blog to please others and I guess now isnt the time to start. I do understand the time constraints! Have a wonderful trip:>)
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becky, don't worry!! Your blog is just that, Yours. You set the pace!! You have so much going on with your new space, and everything else, only do it when you enjoy it....I use Bloglines.com to catch up with the blogs that I love. I enter in their addresses once and they keep track and their blog name is bold if they've posted something new. That way I'm not looking at a bunch of blogs who haven't been updated. If you want to post only once a week, then do just that. Women are the worst for putting way to much on themselves. We are just that way! Wishing you all the best sweet friend and I do thank you for my award that you gave me! xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky,
    I can soooo relate to your feelings about keeping up on blogging. There truly is so much to do in our daily lives, that it can be hard to fit just one more thing in.

    BTW, I love the way your space looks. I would shop there in a nanosecond if you were close enough. You have some great ideas. (Love the teacup wall sconce!).
    Many blessings,
    Patricia :o)

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!