How in the world did we learn to fold those origami-esque notes that we passed in school...? (see above) I was probably more interested in who liked who and what movie we were going to see on Saturday than I was in Physics, as evidenced by the only 'C' I ever got in High School...ugh, did I hate Physics....
Speaking of movies, of course the number one box office smash in 1977 was...
2. Close Encounters of the Third Kind
3. Smokey and the Bandit
4. Saturday Night Fever
5. In Search of Noah's Ark
6. The Spy Who Loved Me
7. Annie Hall
8. Across the Great Divide
9. For the Love of Benji
10. Kingdom of the Spiders
Disco got a huge boost in 1977 with the release of Saturday Night Fever- I had a love/hate relationship with that music...it was great for dancing, but I was really more of a rocker at heart in those days....but I also liked sappy ballads...I had (have) eclectic tastes in music.
Here are the top pop songs of 1977:
1. Tonight's The Night, Rod Stewart
2. I Just Want To Be Your Everything, Andy Gibb
3. Best Of My Love, Emotions
4. Love Theme From "A Star Is Born", Barbra Streisand
5. Angel In Your Arms, Hot
6. I Like Dreamin', Kenny Nolan
7. Don't Leave Me This Way, Thelma Houston
8. (Your Love Has Lifted Me) Higher And Higher, Rita Coolidge
9. Undercover Angel, Alan O'Day
10. Torn Between Two Lovers, Mary MacGregor
So, from Holly Hobbie to Hans Solo...'77 was an eclectic-kinda year - and one of my most fun...