Monday, August 27, 2007

Illustration Friday: Visitors

This is a bit of a tribute to my Mom and Dad, the most hospitable people I know. From my youngest years I have memories of people always at our home - visiting, eating, hanging out, living temporarily, crashing temporarily, whatever. My parents never had much, but they were incredibly generous with what they did have, and they had a roof over our heads and good food to eat and much love to warm even the coldest heart.
Whether it was a foreign exchange student, a divorced child (namely me), a down and out relative, a wayward youth or whomever, my parent's door was, and still is, always open. I cherish the lessons I learned about selflessness and generosity and hospitality from these fine folks - and I only hope I can be half as hospitable as they have always been...

___________________________________
"Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it."
Hebrews 13:2

11 comments:

  1. I love your illustration and am so touched by the kind words about your parents. They seem like wonderful people and I am sure you make them proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:46 PM

    I thank God for people like you.
    The tribute to such warm parents (mine were like this also) is touching.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this style with the white borders. looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful tribute Becky.
    You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your verse, your illustration and they story about your parents! Warmed my heart. Hospitality is an important spiritual gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'r so blessed with parent like that.
    What a lovely, warm and inviting illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i could go for some bunny slippers right now! love this illo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. me again,
    thanks for the enthusiastic compliments! Best blog comments ever.
    Soli Deo gloria too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:34 PM

    What a lovely tribute to your parents, and such a warm, precious illustration with all the little things that add up to a most welcoming feeling. (I too love the bunny slippers!)

    I hope you have a wonderful trip to New Orleans!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I love the bunny slippers!

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!