Thursday, April 06, 2006

Illustration Friday: Spring

"Spring flowers are in blossom all over. The whole world's a choir - and singing! Spring warblers are filling the forest with sweet arpeggios."
Song of Solomon 2:12 (the Message)
__________________________

This week's Illustration Friday topic "Spring" was rich with possibilities. I however, was not rich with time. I would have loved to have done more. I adore Springtime - all nature awakening, so full of promise. Spring has been in full swing here in Texas for weeks (as seen in these pictures I took recently) - but my life at the moment seems more like Spring up north - you know it's coming, but there's not a lot of physical evidence. And these days I feel like a tulip that is still underground - there is so much happening just under the surface (I could fill a whole blog if I had time) - and I am pushing, pushing through layer after layer of rock and dirt and frozen ground - so close to breaking through and breaking free into the sunlight where I am meant to be! So today, I chose to have the quiet assurance that comes from faith that I indeed will break through into the new life God has promised me. Hopefully I'll be blooming before you know it...

_____________________________________

"The lame will leap like a deer, and those who cannot speak will shout and sing! Springs will gush forth in the wilderness, and streams will water the desert."
Isaiah 35:6

_______________

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland."
Isaiah 43:19

______________

"...but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."
John 4:14

15 comments:

  1. Your illustration brings smiles. I checked out your pictures and they are great! So that is what bluebonnets look like, ha. Everyone drives a truck in Texas right? I love that picture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful illustration...as always! I also LOVE reading the scriptures you put on your illos! They always make me smile, think, and rejoice!! I LOVE the colors you used as well...and, that bird is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great spring illustration and perfect greeting card. I wish you all the best as you break through to where you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very professional, the way ou overlapped the objects made wonderful demensions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful illustration, Becky. I like the relief affect that you used. It gives it an eye-catching dimensional affect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cheery and springy!!
    Really nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's about the happiest little bird I've every seen! The bunny is precious in her little dress...there's so much promise in the mood of this piece. I hope that soon your life will break through the surface and be in full bloom...it sounds like you're well on the way:>

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becky I think our art reflecs us and that being the case your art is full of love and spirit and it's bright and beautiful. and nothing that awesome can be buried for to long.
    Even my spring flowers that bloomed and got snow dumbed on them sprung back to life today. And so will you and I believe you know that in your heart.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the illo! Hang in there, His mercies are new every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely piece, I know all too well that feeling of still being in winter as far as your spirit. I'll be praying for you, hang in there.
    SOmethings waiting for you around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute and happy illustration. I like the strong spring colors.
    www.wynlen.no

    ReplyDelete
  12. Becki, this illo is wonderful. It's been such an ecouragement to come buy and read your posts, you just pick out the best Bible verses, I love Isaiah 43.
    You'll be bloomin in technicolor I'm sure :-)
    God bless U,
    Geninne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:47 AM

    Very sweet, Becky! I can always expect a good IF submission when I come to your site!

    Your East Texas wildflower pics are beautiful! I guess you guys are getting rain so they can come up. South and Central Texas are going through a pretty bad drought presently so no flowers. Really...It's sad.

    Hope you're doing well in Houston! where are you churching, btw? Somewhere in The Woodlands?

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a sweet and warmth illo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely Spring picture and somewhat Easterish as well!

    ReplyDelete

I am deeply appreciative of the time you've taken to leave a comment - thank you!